This completely redesigned 3-day session is specifically focused on achieving compliance with the strict scheduling specifications required on NAVFAC, USACE, and US Government contracts. Curriculum includes hands-on exercises for building schedules that meet all US Government standards for setup, cost loading, reporting, and payment application submittal, plus file export.
Day 1 is a fast-paced intro/refresher course to managing projects using Primavera's state-of-the-art P6 software. You will learn to navigate using P6 for single and multiple projects and create a project and its structure with WBS and activity codes. You'll add activities and create relationships, schedule the project, and assign constraints. You will format, group, and filter activities in the schedule. You will also learn to status the project schedule for progress and review basic reporting. Days 2-3 are specifically focused on achieving compliance with the strict scheduling requirements required on US Government Department of Defense contracts. Topics include:
- Configure P6 Settings, Calculations, Defaults, and Scheduling options
- Correctly configure Milestones and Constraints
- Design the required Activity Code structure
- Cost-Load the Schedule per the project Schedule of Values
- Print required graphical and tabular reports including Earned Value and S-Curve
- Store financial period data for monthly updates, to expedite Pay App approval
- Produce the SDEF export file for QCS and other required Submittals
- Schedule Change Orders using Fragnets using approved Time Impact Analysis Techniques
The course includes a new comprehensive workbook/reference manual including references to the latest USACE and NAVFAC scheduling specifications, complete with US Government forms used to analyze initial and updated schedules.
Call (360) 891-5811 for information and registration.
Minimum two years of construction experience with a working knowledge of project scheduling. Must also have solid Windows computer skills.
At least one year of Primavera P3, SureTrak, or Microsoft Project experience is helpful but not required.