Virtualization continues to be a hot topic with the opportunity to reduce energy costs, improve productivity, and consequently improve your return on investment. PCATT hosts training provided by VMware as well as training through the VMware Academy. The courses differ mainly in the method of delivery. Both qualify you to take the VCP certification exam.
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [v6.5]
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size and forms the foundation for most other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
This course is beneficial to system administrators and systems engineers and meets the prerequisite for advanced vSphere courses, which can be found at www.vmware.com/education.
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Deploy an ESXi host and create virtual machines
- Describe vCenter Server architecture, deploy an instance or VMware vCenter Server™ Appliance™, and use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Client™ and VMware vSphere Web® Client
- Configure virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, virtual SAN, and Virtual Volumes
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a vApp
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Use VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machine storage
- Monitor resource usage and manage resource pools
- Use VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ to identify and solve issues through analytics and alerts
- Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability and use vSphere distributed switches to improve network scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
This course is taught through the VMware IT Academy in the College CENT credit program (CENT 375 Virtualization). Upon successful completion, you are eligible to take the VCP certification. The exam is not included in this course.
Section - COM2039-018
| Honolulu Community College | $1785
Certification exam is not included in this course but can be added for the cost of the exam upon request. This course is taught through the VMware IT Academy in conjunction with the college CSNT program (CSNT 375 Virtualization). Upon successful course completion, you are eligible to take the VCP certification.