Virtualization continues to be a hot topic with the opportunity to reduce energy costs, improve productivity, and consequently improve your return on investment. PCATT hosts training provided by VMware as well as training through the VMware Academy. The courses differ mainly in the method of delivery. Both qualify you to take the VCP certification exam.
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [v6.7]
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server 6.7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size and forms the foundation for most other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
This course is beneficial to system administrators and systems engineers and meets the prerequisite for advanced vSphere courses, which can be found at: www.vmware.com/education.
- Describe the software-defined data center and explain vSphere components and structure
- Add ESXi hosts to a VMware vCenter Server Appliance instance
- Manage vCenter Server Appliance and describe vCenter Server architecture
- Use a local content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client and VMware vSphere Client
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches and configure standard switch policies
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere vMotion
- Migrate virtual machine storage with VMware vSphere Storage vMotion Monitor resource usage, and manage resource pools
- Configure and manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere Replication and VMware vSphere Data Protection to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere Update Manager to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Identify troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency
Section - COM2039-019
39.0 Contact Hrs | | Honolulu Community College | $1785
Upon successful course completion, you are eligible to take the VCP certification. Certification exam is not included in this course but can be added for the cost of the exam upon request. This course is taught through the VMware IT Academy in conjunction with the College CSNT program (CSNT 375 Virtualization).