Business Writing and Communication
Communicating & Collaborating with Others
Learning to effectively work with others in groups leads to the development of a "team". Engaged teams lead to a successful personal and professional work environment. Building upon your personal communication style, you will learn about group dynamics and influential factors that impact group communication. Learn to create and communicate in a collaborative climate and make effective group decisions. Participants will also develop skills in managing conflict in a professional manner.
Certificate Eligibility Requirements: A Certificate of Professional Development is granted to learners who attend at least 80% of class sessions.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify personal behaviors and how they affect others in group situations.
- Select the appropriate method to make decisions in groups.
- Identify characteristics that distinguish groups and teams.
- Take steps to create a work environment that promotes communication.
- Identify ways to manage conflict.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills when working with a diverse group.
Section - BUS3214-007
| Kapiolani Community College | $319
NO CLASS: June 11, 2019 (In observation of Kamehameha Day (State of Hawai`i) Holiday)
Section - BUS3214-008
Foundations of Communication
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize their level of communication apprehension in personal, public, and group situations.
- Feel more confident when communicating with others in different situations.
- Identify verbal and non-verbal factors that impact behavior, communication styles and business operations.
- Identify and demonstrate effective listening skills.
- Identify and effectively use appropriate and effective etiquette when communicating in emails, phone calls and face-to-face communications
- Identify necessary skills to improve intercultural and cross-cultural communication skills.