AWS Cloud Foundations
This introductory course provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support. It contains 20 hours of course content and prepares participants to pursue an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
Why become an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner? There is an increasing demand for cloud professionals. Whether you’re starting a new career or developing your professional skills, learning cloud computing will prove valuable and keep you relevant.
Click on the link to see why being AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is worth it: https://www.knowledgehut.com/blog/cloud-computing/is-aws-cloud-practitioner-worth-it
Honolulu Community College is an authorized AWS Academy. Curriculum is regularly updated and comes directly from AWS.
Section - COM2163-011
20.0 Contact Hrs | Honolulu Community College | $695
Expect 3 self-study hours per day.
AWS Solutions Architect - Associate
This intermediate-level course covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS and helps participants gain the skills they need to pursue the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification. This course contains approximately 40 hours of content delivered through lectures, hands-on labs, and project work.
The abilities validated by the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate certification are covered in this training:
- Effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies
- Define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements
- Provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a solutions architect role and have one or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
- Completion of "Cloud Foundations" course or equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- Must have general IT knowledge requirements which include excellent understanding of multi-tier architectures, RDBMS, strong networking experience, experience with CDN and performance concepts and knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- One year of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS and hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services and use of compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services.
Recommended prep: One year of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS and hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services and use of compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services.
Honolulu Community College is an AWS Academic Academy using curriculum and resources developed by AWS. Materials are continually updated by AWS for optimal learning.