Information security is everyone’s responsibility. Recent studies show that most security problems are caused by people. This series of classes is targeted to the working frontline professional, focusing on security threats encountered at work and how to prevent them. Most importantly, you will learn to practice safe computer security procedures. For managers and supervisors, this series or portions of it can be delivered exclusively to your staff. Contact the PCATT office at 808 845-9296 or email email@example.com
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNAS) equips you with the knowledge and skills representative of entry-level security specialist careers. This course emphasizes a hands-on approach to securing networks. A comprehensive set of tools is used to facilitate learning the fundamental principles of network and endpoint security:
- Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) software
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software
- Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM)
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Cisco Academy Packet Tracer (PT)
- WireShark Protocol Analyzer
- Nmap with Zenmap GUI (Port Scanner)
- TCP/IP utilities for SSH, SSL, HTTP, IPsec, RADIUS, TFTP, Syslog, SNMP, and Terminal Emulation
CCNAS incorporates both online and classroom learning by utilizing:
- Cisco Networking Academy NetSpace eLearning portal
- Network Development Group (NDG) NETLAB+ remote lab environment
- Collaboration Software (Cisco Webex, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Business Skype)
The Cisco Networking Academy CCNASv2.0 course addresses all of the exam objectives for both the CCNAS 210-260 certification exam, informally known as the Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) 3.0 certification exam, and the CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 exam.
CCNAS certification is a Department of Defense (DoD) 8570.01 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I and II and Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I certification. The DoD 8570 Directive provides guidance and procedures for the training, certification, and management of all DoD employees performing Information Assurance functions in their line of duty, who are required to carry an approved certification for their particular job role and classification.
All hands-on labs in the course are performed by remotely accessing CCNA NETLAB+ pods comprised of Cisco Catalyst switches (IoS 15.x), ASAs (ASA 9.x and ASDM 7.x), ISR G2 devices (IOS 15.x), and virtual PCs.
Upon completion of the CCNA Security course, learners will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Explain network threats, mitigation techniques, and the basics of securing a network
- Secure administrative access on Cisco routers
- Secure administrative access with authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA)
- Implement firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter
- Configure intrusion prevention services (IPS) to mitigate attacks on the network
- Describe LAN security considerations and implement endpoint and Layer 2 security features
- Describe methods for implementing data confidentiality and integrity
- Implement secure virtual private networks
- Implement an ASA firewall configuration using the command-line interface (CLI)
- Implement an ASA firewall configuration and VPNs using ASDM
- Test network security and create a technical security policy
CompTIA® Security+ is a good first course for people wanting to begin their cybersecurity career. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents - not just identify them.
Human error along with spyware, malware, e-mail attacks, viruses, worms, and wireless technology are reasons for security training and certification. This Security+ course is taught with a practical approach to prepare you for the certification exam and for skills required on the job. You will apply general security concepts to real world scenarios. Competencies exactly match the CompTIA® certification exam areas:
- Network Security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data, and host security
- Access control and identity management
Both the Security+ certification exam and a study guide are included. Security+ is compliant with ISA 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
Two years of IT administration experience in a professional environment with emphasis on security. Network+ or equivalent knowledge is also recommended.
Section - COM2036-016
| Honolulu Community College | $1955
Section - COM2036-017
Security+ Certification Prep
This course prepares for the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam. CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role & provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents - not just identify them.
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
Contact the Information Technology Program Coordinator, David Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consent prior to registering for the course.
By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Research topics related to the designated certification
- Identify key subjects, relevant data, and propose possible solutions
- Review & recall materials related to the certification topic
- Demonstrate competence and proficiency in certification areas
Section - COM3006-002
Perry Ellis | Kapiolani Community College | $650
Course fee includes the textbook which will be accessible online as an eBook. Information about obtaining access to the eBook will be sent to you via email. You will need access to a working computer and internet connection to access the textbook online.