Information security is everyone’s responsibility. Recent studies show that most security problems are caused by people. This series of classes is targeted to the working frontline professional, focusing on security threats encountered at work and how to prevent them. Most importantly, you will learn to practice safe computer security procedures. For managers and supervisors, this series or portions of it can be delivered exclusively to your staff. Contact the PCATT office at 808 845-9296 or email email@example.com
CySA+ Training and Certification Prep
Per CompTIA, “Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect, and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring. The goal is to improve the overall state of IT security through identifying and combating malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs).
This is an intermediate level security course which covers both current and upcoming job skills used by threat intelligence analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident responders and handlers, and threat hunters. It provides new techniques for combating threats in and outside the Security Operations Center (SOC). Course topics include:
- Security operations and monitoring
- Software and systems security
- Incident response
- Threat and vulnerability management
- IT regulatory compliance and assessment
CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It also meets the KSAT requirements of various DoD Cyberspace Workforce (DCWF) work roles identified in Directive 8140, as mapped by the U.S. Institute of Defense Analysis (IDA). It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
All course materials are provided. A certification exam voucher is included with the course and it is a requirement to take the certification exam if you are using grant funds to pay for your training.
Section - COM2179-001
42.0 Contact Hrs | Honolulu Community College | $1995
Required preparation: Competition of Network+ and Security+ or equivalent knowledge and/or experience. Four years of hands-on information security or related experience is highly recommended.
Security+ Training and Certification Prep
Security+ is a great course for people who want to begin their cybersecurity career. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents - not just identify them.
This Security+ course is taught with a practical approach to prepare you for the certification exam and for skills required on the job. You will apply general security concepts to real world scenarios. Competencies match the CompTIA certification exam areas. Topics covered include:-
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities - Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Technologies and Tools - Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Architecture and Design - Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Identity and Access Management - Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Risk Management - Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Cryptography and PKI - Understanding of basic cryptographic concepts, algorithms, and functions. Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure.
Training is distance-delivered via Zoom with a combination of live lectures, readings, and labs. Many hours of independent self-study are expected outside of class meetings.
This course prepares you for the CompTIA Security+ certification. Although test prep for the certification exams is covered in class, additional study is needed. Certification exam which is included in this training is scheduled at the end of the course. Participants must report their test date and exam results.
Section - COM2036-031
36.0 Contact Hrs | Honolulu Community College | $1995
Expect 3 hours per day self-study including weekends.
Additional Skills: Ability to study independently and work collaboratively as part of a team, strong motivation to learn, interest in a career in Information Technology.
1. Completion of A+ and Network+ training and certification or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
2. Two years of IT administration experience in a professional environment with emphasis on security is very helpful.
3. Must have a computer/laptop with a camera and microphone and robust Internet.