Fundamentals of Java Programming, Level 1
Fundamentals of Java Programming, Level 1 is suited to people who have some programming experience. With this experience, you will benefit from the systematic approach to learning Java. The course starts with a conceptual understanding of Object Oriented Programming and helps you develop applications that solve business problems.
This is a hands-on course with emphasis on language fundamentals. Java is a general purpose programming language with a number of features that make the language well-suited for use on the World Wide Web. Topics include Java Language API (Application Programming Interface), Java classes, objects, and applications using the language. You will utilize hands-on labs and exercises to apply theories learned. At the end of the course, you will able to:
- Implement, compile, test and run Java programs
- Understand how to include arithmetic operators and constants in a Java program
- Make use of members of classes found in the Java API (such as the Math, String class)
- Demonstrate the ability to employ various types of selection constructs in a Java program
- Employ a hierarchy of Java classes to provide a solution to a given set of requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to employ repetition constructs in a Java program such as loop
- Demonstrate the ability to use simple data structures like arrays in a Java program
Please call The Continuing Education Registration Office at 808-845-9296 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Programming Essentials in Python (PCEP)
How great would it be to write your own computer program? Or design a web or desktop application that millions of people could enjoy? Both are a possibility if you learn how to code in Python. Python is a very versatile, object-oriented programming language used by startups and tech giants, Google, Facebook, Dropbox, and IBM. Python is also recommended for aspiring developers who are interested in pursuing careers in Security, Networking and Internet-of-Things. Cisco calls this the language of IoT.
This course introduces universal computer programming concepts such as data types, containers, functions, conditions, loops, as well as Python programming language syntax, semantics, and the runtime environment. Course content and delivery will be online via the Cisco Networking Academy CMS.
Upon course completion with additional self-study, participants will be prepared to take the following certification:
PCEP - Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer
Required preparation: No prior knowledge of programming is needed, though you must be an experienced computer user. Access to a computer with a camera and microphone and robust Internet to use course materials and labs is required.