Fundamentals of Java Programming, Level 1
Fundamentals of Java Programming, Level 1 is suited to people who have some programming experience. With this experience, you will benefit from the systematic approach to learning Java. The course starts with a conceptual understanding of Object Oriented Programming and helps you develop applications that solve business problems.
This is a hands-on course with emphasis on language fundamentals. Java is a general purpose programming language with a number of features that make the language well-suited for use on the World Wide Web. Topics include Java Language API (Application Programming Interface), Java classes, objects, and applications using the language. You will utilize hands-on labs and exercises to apply theories learned. At the end of the course, you will able to:
- Implement, compile, test and run Java programs
- Understand how to include arithmetic operators and constants in a Java program
- Make use of members of classes found in the Java API (such as the Math, String class)
- Demonstrate the ability to employ various types of selection constructs in a Java program
- Employ a hierarchy of Java classes to provide a solution to a given set of requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to employ repetition constructs in a Java program such as loop
- Demonstrate the ability to use simple data structures like arrays in a Java program
Fundamentals of Java Programming, Level 2
In this course you will learn practical concepts and skills needed to develop real-world Java applications. You will learn how to develop GUI-based Java and Advanced User Interface Objects. Both AWT and Swing packages will be covered and used in developing Web applications and standalone applications. This course also covers multithreading, Generics, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), Java Server Pages (JSPs), concurrency, and basic Servlets. This hands-on, second level training is recommended for anyone who has taken an introductory Java course or PCATT's "Java Level 1" course.
Programming Essentials in Python Online
How great would it be to write your own computer program? Or design a web or desktop application that millions of people could enjoy? Both are a possibility if you learn how to code in Python. Python is a very versatile, object-oriented programming language used by startups and tech giants, Google, Facebook, Dropbox, and IBM. Python is also recommended for aspiring developers who are interested in pursuing careers in Security, Networking and Internet-of-Things. Cisco calls this the language of IoT.
This course covers the basics of Python language and introduces participants to Object-Oriented Programming. Course content and delivery will be online on Canvas via the Cisco Networking Academy.
Upon the completion of this course with additional self-study, participants will be prepared to take two certification exams.
- PCEP - Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer Certification
- PCAP – Certified Associate in Python programming
These certifications come from the Python Institute. PCEP certification is an interim step to the PCAP certification.
Required preparation: No prior knowledge of programming is needed, though you must be an experienced computer user. Must have access to a computer with Internet to access course materials and labs.